Hooray, thanksgiving day (lower case) is here..
I do mean “thanksgiving” day. I would like to list some of the things I am NOT thankful for.
1. Greedy corporations, for taking away a day of rest for most of us by starting the shopping sprees early..
2. The idea that gift-giving is the end all, be all..
3. Making all Pro sports the centerpiece of our “thanksgiving” day. I often wonder if the families of the players might want a chance to stuff their faces and be with their loved ones.
4. The fast pace of technological changes. We don’t know how much harm can be done by what, but we still want faster, bigger, smaller, more powerful, less energy reliant and so on.
5. The silliness of some of the TV shows and their so-called stars. I am particularly not thankful for all the morning show cheerleaders. It took women a long time to be able to co-host in the truest sense of the word and it would be nice to see more of these women stop acting like idiots in short tight dresses.
I am thankful for
1. My son. He is a nice and decent & honest human being. He makes me proud.
2. Louie & Harry 2 of my cats. They are sweet and cuddly and they purr a lot.
3. My fluffy puppy, Moose. He has reminded me of so many things about life that I had forgotten. Do you have any idea how much fun a dirty squeaky ball can be?
4. My house – I really love it even tho it is not the biggest or best.
5. That I can take care of myself.
6. That I am good at my job and that people like me and can depend on me.
7. That I can pay my bills (mostly on time)
8. That my brain is so active and constantly whirrs and whizzes.. Always questions..
Ok, just a few comments brought on by the morning TV crap on Thanksgiving Day.
I am looking forward to the Christmas shows even though they are crass and add to the commercialization of a very special holiday season for so many.
The best of the season to all and I will probably have a lot to say about the new year…